That’s what we offer
We provide you with a great amount of autonomy and scope for action. Flat hierarchies, open doors and quick decision-making characterize our way of work – all of this in a friendly, relaxed working atmosphere.
You will be part of our great Spain / Portugal team that resides in Sant Cugat del Vallés, Spain or Porto, Portugal. During your time with us at Surplex you are able to participate in great team events, which are also held at our HQ in Düsseldorf (Germany) once a year. During our weekly digital company meeting, you’ll also find out how things are going at our other locations in Europe. Another great benefit is the 30 days of holiday per year.
Our managing directors Michael, Ghislaine and Uli put heart and soul into guiding the company. They are willing to invest in a sustainable, and continuous development of the company, as well as its employees. Our company culture is rounded off by being appreciative and on good terms with each other, as well as with our customers.
Your tasks will include
• You are a competent all-round contact person for our international and national buyers - by phone and email.
• In close cooperation with your colleagues from the Spain & Portugal Team as well as our buyers, you will ensure a smooth process after the auction has ended.
• As the clerk responsible for your project, you organize and coordinate the timely collection and loading of machines.
• You maintain contact with all parties involved, prepare the necessary (customs) documents for the transports by land or sea and carry out the work necessary for the project completion.
That’s what we are expecting of you
• You have completed a training as forwarding merchant (or as a wholesale and export merchant or as an industrial merchant) or a corresponding course of study.
• International trade is something natural for you. Having dealt before with industrial machinery commerce will be a plus.
• You have an experience of +3 years working for transport or forwarder companies.
• You are fluent in English (B2+ level needed). Further language skills (e. g. German) are a plus.
• Organizational talent and ability to work under pressure are further strengths of yours.
• A customer oriented, friendly and determined way of working as well as flexibility characterize you.
• You are based close to our Spanish office located in Sant Cugat del Vallès, Barcelona.
What will happen next
As soon as we have received your application, a team consisting of the responsible Talent Acquisition Manager Verena as well as our Country Managers in Spain, will examine it carefully to ensure that it fits our requirements.
We would definitely like to get to know our future employees personally. Therefore, a video or, if possible, an on-site interview is part of our standard application process.
Does this sound interesting to you?
Yes!? Then we should get to know each other. Please send your application documents (letter of motivation, CV) in English including your salary expectations and your earliest possible starting date via our homepage. Your contact person is Verena Williams.
You have a question about this position? Go ahead and send a WhatsApp chat message to us! On weekdays between 10 and 17 o’clock you can send a WhatsApp via +49 211 97532859.
Everyone is welcome at Surplex: We stand for diversity, inclusion and equal opportunities in hiring, because that's how we create opportunities for us and for you. We are colourful - and we are committed to an inclusive culture and a sense of belonging in the workplace. We are looking forward to your application!
Surplex is an internationally successful eCommerce company which operates in the field of second-hand machinery for metal machining as well as wood working. Our team consists of more than 200 men/women that work at our headquarters in Duesseldorf, as well as at our subsidiaries and foreign representations in 16 European countries. We combine the advantages of eCommerce with a classical customer service mindset and accompany our customers through all stages of the selling and buying processes.